*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853315-CELEBRATION
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#853315 added July 4, 2015 at 10:56am
Restrictions: None
CELEBRATION?
         
Blog City image small Create me something-- anything using these words: Heat wave, bubbly, laughter, red, white, blue and fire fighter. Pick some or use them all but let your creativity take you where ever.

         
         CELEBRATION?
         
         The firefighters in their protective gear line up in front of the fire house under the draped red, white and blue banners while the president of the Ladies Guild for Responsible Ethics poured the bubbly. Because of the heat wave they had decided to hold the ceremony early before it got too hot. One of the old men played the Star Spangled Banner on his harmonica. The waiting firefighters began to sweat under their heavy gear, and five-year-old Jimmy Smith waved his little flag.

         In the background the news radio reported that the Pentigone had just announced that the US Military was stockpiling thirty-ton Bunker Buster bombs in case Iran nuclear talks failed. Sitting inside behind the firefighters, where the cold air was blowing, ninety-year-old mister Jensen listened to the broadcast with his good ear.

         When they brought him a plastic cup of the bubbly, he asked the giggling lady who handed it to him, “What kind of nation threatens another nation with bombs if they want the guys to sign an agreement? Don’t it make ya feel like a hypocrite? His question stopped her laughter, and she just looked confused.
         
         America on July 4, 2015
         
         Concerned...>>>iggy
*Boat*
         
Closer picture of Iguana Portrait


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853315-CELEBRATION