*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853853-A-voice-to-thoughts-
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#853853 added July 9, 2015 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
A voice to thoughts ...

We went to see the site of the fall-out.

This site has received polluted water since the early 60's from the mine.
It is now almost a moonscape, yet, there is a plant doing its best to grow, and it is doing well.
There are many of them, in full bloom, low down, not much higher than my ankle, and if viewed closer, quite beautiful, as plants go.

I should have brought the camera, or asked the fella there with the big camera, to take shots for me.
Shots which may never be again. I must go back, and get those shots!

Especially one of the brown and white cow, with her calf next to her, her sad face, (if ever a cow could look sad, this was it) as she waited to get a turn at the water.
We left, there were other scenes, other sites, more trouble spots.

And yet, here I am, two days later, at 3am, revisiting the cow and her calf, wonder if she will make it ...

I did state her case at the meeting, hers and all the others, did anybody hear, I doubt -

They were more concerned about their own issues, the damage which will come their way, I must be silenced.

That I cannot be - I can not be silent anymore, for only my voice can speak for that cow, and all like her.

They need water, and they need it now.

The mine stopped the water as of the 22nd May, no notice, the reason is not acceptable.
This is now 48 days on.

The true reason is greed.

Greed and power, and testing the ground to see what they can get away with.

Every one is doing what they can to ride this storm.
D-day is still to come.
All I can do is speak, and not be quiet anymore.

Maybe I will be heard.

Then I can tell them about the sad looking cow and her calf, and all cow wants, is water.



© Copyright 2015 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853853-A-voice-to-thoughts-