*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854297-Drill
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#854297 added July 14, 2015 at 12:53am
Restrictions: None
Drill
In a manner of speaking all of life is a drill. I pondered that as I entered the work threshold this evening. It begins with deciding what you want to dinner on any particular occasion. I could eat things that stir up anger, because I am determined to not let it go. I am determined to have the last word. Keep feeding me garbage and I will have reason to give you garbage back.

I certainly had opportunity to bring my garbage to work. One of the supervisors had put me on a post where I walked miles and miles, when I was scheduled to drive a car for both weekend shifts. The only response I got was that it had to be that way, I had no choice and afterwards threw out the name of someone who directed him to do what I had a difficult understanding of course according to the manager I was now needing to understand, just do what I am told.

I came to work with a chip on my shoulder as I entered the garage. I decided I did not want to eat garbage. Before I stepped out of the car I started of thinking/thanking God really wants me to enjoy what is on that table. I could be angry or decide I like all the best foods on my plate. It worked. The head mobile was not there and no one knows why, even if everyone thinks I should since he is my peer on mobile.

I looked at the good food I brought to dinner. After all didn't I deserve it. I took time to nurture myself and took good things to eat and drink on my patrol. I certainly did not enjoy garbage. It all could be summed up in the sermon deciding what to do with the children's crumbs from the table. Who knows they could prime rib or banana crème pie.

Yes there was a drill at work, as there often is. It was a fire drill this time. I made sure that the evacuation point was blocked off, so that people could go from the building to the garages. I was even a bit too zealous. My mobile car was draped across the road in a way that made it difficult for people to pass. Over and over the supervisor told us(me included) what a wonderful job we did. I have decided that I would much have a sweet delicious dessert rather than crow. How about you?
*Wink*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854297-Drill