*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854331
by jai J
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #2049050
Short Short Stories
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#854331 added July 14, 2015 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
More Than A Day
Head nestled in a water lily bush and bare feet propped up on a faugh waterfall, her husband, Dillon, slept through the dawn of morning without a stir. The steak “is good” he had said the night before. The potatoes “are good” he’d said. The pie, “is good.” And when she had asked for more explanation of why he was two hours late and why he was stoned, all she got from him was “you’re so good, too.”

“You reek!,” she had screamed. “Get out – and stay out.”

“Oh baby, don’t be that way,” he had said, as she grabbed his arm and dragged him toward the back door.

“I smell her all over you.”

“Hey, I don’t smell like anything but you…”
She slammed her fist into his groin. For a moment it looked like he would spew her “good” dinner all over the kitchen. She grabbed a fistful of his pants and pulled him onto the deck and up and over the rail. He fell backwards into the fishpond eight feet below. She stood staring a moment then watched his eyes blink.

“You’re a filthy bastard Dillon Roth! Stay away from me – you hear?”

“But baby, you know,” he said, his moss covered arms reaching up towards her dark silhoette on the deck, “You wouldn’t last a day without me!”

His wife screamed an obscenity and hurled a potted geranium at his head. It careened off his ear. No longer caring whether he was dead or alive, she stomped back to the kitchen.

The next morning, after finding Dillon’s stash, an impressive three pounds of weed, she began fixing his favorite breakfast, sausage, eggs and potatoes. Everything sizzled in the sweet fragrance of cannabis as she smiled down on his watery bed.

© Copyright 2015 jai J (UN: jjcochran at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jai J has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854331