*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855300-Non-Participation-In-Groups
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#855300 added July 24, 2015 at 2:46pm
Restrictions: None
Non Participation In Groups
Prompt: Why do people join groups and then not participate? Is it important to belong to a group for the sake of community whether you are active or not? What do you think is the reason for non-participation? If your name was removed for non=participation would you inquire why or simply leave things as they are?

I think people join groups here thinking members will see their names in a lot of groups and give them reviews or a Merit Badges. Maybe some people are busy and time is a problem but at least do one blog entry or two a week and if you belong to a reviewing group, do a few reviews. If you belong to a writing group, write something once a month at least. If you are ahead of a writing contest and can't award the prizes, ask another member for help. Don't leave contests hanging. Members want to know if their item was good or a winner. If a member of a group is having surgery or sick or something, let the leaders know and they will help you. Groups are teams. Help out, do your part or leave the group.

I had an UpGrade Group and about 30 members. Only 4 or 5 would respond. Do reviews and help me decide who needed an UpGrade. Only one member stayed active. A member wanted an UpGrade who never participated and got made because I didn't give her an UpGrade. The finalists had to write an essay about why they needed an UpGrade, what they loved about writing and what they hoped to do with their writing. I chose the winning essay. I wouldn't always get a thank you and the person would contact me when their UpGrade expired. I didn't give it because we had other candidates up for an UpGrade. I closed the group down. I was doing it on my own. I kept it going for eight years. I had, had enough.

Remember high school when it was time for yearbook pictures? Students showed up for Drama Class pictures and they didn't anything for Drama Club and two students weren't even members! They just wanted to be in the picture and act like they were part of the group. Does this apply to groups here? I think I made my point.

If my name was removed for non-participation, I would want to know why. I try to do my part and if I can't, I leave the group. Be a group member, be a team, help each other and have fun. You can make new friends as well. Be a true group member.

** Image ID #2040833 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855300-Non-Participation-In-Groups