*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855365-The-date
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#855365 added July 25, 2015 at 6:24am
Restrictions: None
The date
Write about an ordinary ritual/event in which something goes ...terribly wrong.

I went on a date with a woman during my college years. It was my first real date with anyone. I risked calling her up and we went to a place called the mug and muffin in Quincy where I went to school.

I can recall feeling honored and valued for what seemed like eternity. I recall she loved horses and I had this neat sweat shirt with a horse embroidered on it. At the end of the date I gave her a peck on the cheek. I do not think it could have been more perfect.

Then something went horribly wrong. To this day I do not know why. I started obsessing about wanting to be with this woman. It was nothing I had experienced before. I thought I knew what love was in a very idealistic spiritual way and wanted to share with her my thoughts. You see I was at a Christian college studying to be a minister and she was a minister's daughter. It just seemed to be the right thing to do.

I never did call her for a second date. Things got too muddled in my brain. The obsession was for the most part an internal event. That was until the day I flipped out.

I had written in a ritualistic manner how she was somehow the solution. The next thing I knew it I was calling around searching for her on campus. She was nowhere to be found. I did a lot of "strange" things afterward, which culminated with getting up on top of a roof at the science building. Caring adults thought for sure I was going to jump off the building. I kind of doubt it. I did not feel suicidal in the least. I was just in a euphoric state. Soon after I would be hospitalized off and on for about two years, at times put in a seclusion room. I would find out I was bipolar. Healing has been a long process. It started innocently enough with a ritual known as a date.
*Confused*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855365-The-date