*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855894-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#855894 added July 30, 2015 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
I missed again yesterday, but only because it turned into kind of a busy day. Also, it was a stressful day for me. I had to go over to the clinic and have some stuff checked out from an accident back in May. I really don't like visiting doctors, but if it's needed, I'll go. But, I'm particular about my doctor and have a difficult time finding one I like. Since my doctor is on vacation, it made going in yesterday even worse, but it needed to be done.

The guy who was filling in isn't even a doctor, he's a PA, so my stress level jumped right away. But, he seemed to know what he was doing, listened, and did a pretty good job. We had a long discussion of some problems that have been ongoing for some time now, but nothing serious. There could be a number of answers, some more severe than others, but some not severe at all. It could range from certain food intolerances to allergies, on up to early onset of Diabetes. So, for these, more tests will be needed.

From there we moved on to the actual accident back in May, why I didn't come in sooner, and what had transpired over the last few months. We also discussed how some hiking a couple weeks ago intensified things, and how now it was worse than ever. We also discussed some other possibilities for some of the symptoms that likely did not come from the sustained injury.

Then he moved on to a physical evaluation of the problems. He started with my gallbladder, and pressed in on it. No problem, it didn't hurt at all. Then, he told me to take a deep breath while he held pressure in the same area. I never did draw a full breath, it hurt to damn bad. he apologized for the pain, but was now convinced, the gallbladder was part of the problem. He then moved his hands down to the area I had hernia surgery on years ago, and of course noticed the swelling right away. A little pressure here and there, and he was again in full agreement with our discussion, either the patch had torn lose, or I had ripped more tissue below the surgery site.

So, now its more scans and tests. The main concern right now is the gallbladder and hernia. So, Monday and Tuesday will be scans and tests. Then another week passes and I meet with a surgeon and discuss the findings. I'm pretty sure it's going to be at least one surgery, possibly two to fix things. I know the hernia will need surgery, and it's likely the gallbladder will also need to come out. The problem is, the gallbladder sits up under the liver on the right side and the hernia is low on the right, down in the groin area. Depending on how they have to go in, it could be quite a distance between the two. I'm sure I'll find out for sure on the eleventh, but I deduce two surgeries will be needed as a result of the distance between the two sites.

So, here I am, nervous and in pain, but at least the pain is bearable if I'm careful and follow the doctors instructions. I can't do much, but I can sit in this office chair quite comfortably for periods of time and type and mess around on the computer. This is good, since I need to spend more time in here, and I will also need to spend quite a bit on my computer. I just finished installing Windows 10, and it's going to take a while to find things, set things up, and learn my way around again. So far, it's done just what I had hoped, it's increased my computers speed quite a bit, and this new browser they have is working slick. I wish LastPass worked with it, but I can make do without the add-on.

Now, it's time to get up and move a bit, I've been sitting a bit too long with this installation.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855894-Thursday