*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856096-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#856096 added August 1, 2015 at 4:35pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday.
One day left and then the first prompt for the 52 week challenge. I'm excited and a bit nervous to be doing this, but I'm also eager to go. With tests and pending surgery ahead, I know it will be very challenging to get the items written and posted on time, but at the same time, I'm sure to be out of work for a while.

I'm also eager to get some work done in my portfolio, some writing in, and of course, some reviews done. I also have some work to do on my grammar and should be getting started on that, too. I'm set up with a good book with both lessons and exercises in it, to brush up on what I do know, and to learn that which I don't. I see doing some reviews as a great way to apply what I'm learning, as well as a nice way to help out others with their writing.

I also am pondering my portfolio. I have it pretty well organized, but I do need to go through and edit the items in it. This will also be good practice for me as I progress through my grammar lessons. Besides editing, I ponder a question that was brought to my attention a short time ago,

I have a variety in my portfolio, including an adult themed folder. Of course, some of the items that can be placed in there could be pretty mild, and others can be pretty hard core writing. I have it age restricted and clearly marked but wonder if having some of the more hard core adult writing in there is a good idea or not.

I really don't have any genre of writing, at least not yet. I enjoy writing a little of everything, and want to display my items, but at the same time, I know some people will be put off by the content of some of the more mature items posted in there. The question is pretty basic, should I sensor my portfolio, or should I include every genre I write in?

Of course, it would be best to have a second account under a pseudonym, but that requires extra membership fees that I cannot afford at this time. So, the options left are to leave this type of hard core material in there, or remove it until such a time as I can afford to display it under another name. The only other choice is to not display it at all, which kind of defeats the purpose of writing.

If anyone happens by and reads this, any opinions you would share would be nice. I have gone back and forth with this since the time it was brought to my attention that including these items may not be the best idea.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856096-Saturday