*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856551-Yellowstone-Day-5
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#856551 added August 5, 2015 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
Yellowstone Day 5
Geysers on Moons and other Erupting Places

Geyser reactions are generated because water flows close to magma generated under ground from volcanic activity. Surface water flows down cracks or vents as low as 6600 feet below the top. It comes into contact with hot rocks creating steam. Then the water and steam which are now under pressure blow up through the vents spewing into the air many feet. It is considered a hydro geological condition.

Earthquakes, human intervention and changing functions such as those caused by mineral deposits within the structure of the system can cause a geyser to cease.

There are geysers in Yellowstone National park, Valley of Geysers(Russia), El Tatio, Chili, New Zealand, Iceland, and other places on the earth. And, different types of geysers have been discovered in outer space on moons in the solar system.

Iceland uses theirs to heat greenhouses and grow food in places that are normally to cold for food production .

The Geysers is the world’s largest geothermal field. It has 22 geothermal power plants. It is located north of San Francisco. Earthquakes from the faults near the area cause smaller more frequent quakes, to be felt in the geothermal field, because of the geyser activity connected with the power plants.

Yellowstone National Park has a volcano Observatory for the study of volcanic activity. There are up to 400 plus geysers active in the park in any year. The website lists different kinds of geysers. Cone geysers, exploding geysers, fountain geysers, spouting geysers, and steamboat geysers are explained on the website.

Steamboat geysers pulse like a resting steam engine with eruptions up to 400 feet. You can also visit a webcam of Old Faithful. There is evidence in all the Volcanic Observatories around the earth of changes in the volcanic fields.

Geysers are tourist attractions. It is important to know about them because of their connections to the volcanic activity on the earth. This is the planet we presently live on.

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856551-Yellowstone-Day-5