*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857097-The-Call
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#857097 added August 11, 2015 at 12:50am
Restrictions: None
The Call
Some words bring with them more emotional kick than others. When I think "The Call" I am reminded about what got me out to Kansas City in the first place. The Phone rang in Massachusetts and God made it clear that there was work for me to do in the Midwest. It has been a call that has challenged me and humbled me. At first sight it looks like I am someone special that others need to get to know, because look at what God has helped me overcome. I have come to the conclusion that it has nothing at all to do with me. It is God that takes a life of a man or woman and makes it effectual in some form or way.

The occasion for the reflection was picking up my phone call and calling a woman who was recently widowed. It was powerful stuff. What would I say? What would she say? How might I be hindrance or an encouragement? Then a voice that said just let it happen NOW!!

I called and it felt like being refreshed in cool clean stream on a white hot day. She talked about her love for this other human being, her husband and the more she talked the clearer she became about what she was wanting to do with her current crisis. I let her talk and she eventually was becoming clear headed. What was confusing early on made perfect sense as we were getting ready to end our conversation.

I have no idea what will happen in our next encounter. I am doing my best to provide healthy closure. She asks me to call and shares about not knowing whether she wants a memorial or not. I know that the only thing that I am "called to do" is listen.

I will keep this in mind as I pick up the phone to talk with others. Peace and a sense of well being does not come from me. It comes from the God I serve.
amen~!!!
*Delight*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857097-The-Call