*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857106
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#857106 added August 11, 2015 at 7:14am
Restrictions: None
Media, Writers Doing Nothing
BCOF Prompt: Typhoon Soudel ravages Saipan and on Saturday dumped heavy rains causing power outages to over a million people. How important do you think social media is in situations like these? Do you think they make things worse?

People need to be informed but the social media carries stories too far and keep on the same subject. Like 9-11. Three days of coverage. The Media is out to get the story and they don't care about people. I always thought I wanted to be a journalist but I get too upset about things and I hate when they don't give it a rest. Like the song: "Dirty Laundry", the line says: "Kick them when they're up, kick them when they're down. She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eyes." The media is for them. They should care about the people, report the news, do a follow up but don't keep running the stories into the ground! They make things worse.

Blog City Prompt: Joy says that artists like writers can improve their creativity by doing absolutely nothing and asked if we have ever done this and if this works for us.

I love doing nothing. I sat and watch TV especially when I am snowed in. My mind is always thinking and watching TV gives me writing ideas. As a writer, your stories come from your mind and you just convert them to the computer or paper later. Where a painter has to paint to get it done. A novel, well it takes awhile to write and finding the time to write it but you have your notes written down. Doing nothing, taking a break is needed for creativity.

** Image ID #2051188 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857106