*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857255-Save-me
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#857255 added August 13, 2015 at 5:03am
Restrictions: None
Save me
I have a close friend and it gets to be one of those agree to disagree situations, which does not seem to want to go away. I am understanding more and more clearly what it means to be at loggerheads and that it is best to just not talk about some things: religion and politics being the issues talked of the most.

In this case my Southern Baptist friend is on a rant about how they need to kick a church out the Southern Baptist convention because they entertain the idea of marrying homosexuals. He will even go so far as to say that it is blasphemy and close, but I am not sure how close to say that anyone who does not agree with him is not making it to the same place that he wants to go.

I get on my own pulpit and I am sure I am not hearing whatever he is saying and want to communicate that I do not want to be in a place where people are tried as being a label and thereby are deserving of no mercy. So I go to bed disturbed knowing the issue will never go away. I am more than frustrated. I am reminded that on some issues not just this one that there is no agreeing. That means that one can not even agree to disagree, because somehow to do so would compromise who I am as a human being.

Hey we are all in this together. What can we agree on?

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857255-Save-me