*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858284-Day-25-Calcite-Sprinsg-Birds
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#858284 added August 25, 2015 at 2:26pm
Restrictions: None
Day 25 Calcite Sprinsg, Birds
Prompt: Calcite Springs along the Yellowstone River signals the downstream end of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. The park was established by impressive art work by Moran, The steep, columnar basalt cliffs on the opposite side of the river from the over look are remnants of an ancient lava flow, providing a window into the past volcanic forces that shaped much of the Yellowstone Landscape. The gorge and cliffs provide habitat for wildlife species including big horn sheep, red tailed-hawks and osprey.

We are going to watch birds and talk about we learned. we are going to another primitive site tomorrow. {Seriously? Princess Megan likes civilization, not primitive!}

Osprey declined in the 1900's due to pesticides being sprayed in the area. They are smaller then bald eagles. They have narrow wings, live by lakes and build nests in trees made out of sticks.

I looked up raptors and they referred to bald eagles, red tailed hawks so I guess we can assume that they are all related.

Calcite springs and ramnants of lava flow worry me. I Hope old Faithful doesn't blow her top for a long time.

Girl and a white Tiger. Beautiful.


© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858284-Day-25-Calcite-Sprinsg-Birds