*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858349-Yellowstone-Day-26
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#858349 added August 26, 2015 at 10:16am
Restrictions: None
Yellowstone Day 26
You are spending my 59th birthday with me at Slough Creek for the night before we go to the Shoshone Indian reservation on the 27th. We have been invited to be their guests. We are hiking to Slough Creek from the lodge so we will be busy most of the day.

Best wishes Lyn. We should have a celebration at the camp.*Cake**Burstv*


Slough Creek looks quiet and comfortable. There is so much to do from here; trails to hike, more fishing, and wildlife watching us and us watching them. I would like to see a wolf not just hear it howl. That might not be possible.

We are camping at altitudes of 6000 ft. or more so if you have noticed a slightly elevated heart rate or more indigestion than normal it may have a relationship to the altitude. High altitude is considered 4900 to 11500 feet.

I have a new library book on my kindle The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney. Some of the campers may have all ready read it, if not the first chapter is a complete ghost story and I could read it at the campfire tonight.

I'm such a day person. Whenever I camped out in my youth I did enjoy the campfire and watching the stars but the most peace for me was just before dawn. There is a time when the night creatures stop roaming and the day creatures start moving. It is like the changing of the guard. Then just a lightning of the sky starts the bird calls and bird song for the morning as the earth revolves revealing the sun as it peaks across the horizon. That is even now my favorite time of day.


© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858349-Yellowstone-Day-26