*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859033-Job-On-Your-Feet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#859033 added September 2, 2015 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Job On Your Feet
         Since I have to make a living, I am working at a job I don't like, but I don't hate it. So I am trying to make the best of it and have a positive attitude. The staff is much nicer than many where I have worked. My main complaint is strictly personal. I have to spend 5 or more hours on my feet. The shorter days aren't so bad, but the longer ones make my legs and ankles swell. That breaks the capillaries which creates a really ugly red rash.

         Granted I always wear long pants, so no one sees but me. However, the blood dissipates and leaves the iron behind. That creates brown spots the doctors call "rust". It's permanent. So the fronts of my ankles and tops of my feet are "tan" looking. Right now, I get to wear comfortable, supportive shoes, like sneakers or other walking shoes. With good socks, my feet aren't experiencing any problem. This doesn't hurt mind you. Except that the skin is a little tender on the red spots the day after a 7 or 8 hour shift standing or walking.

         I have to go shopping for compression knee highs. They're expensive, hard to get on, but they keep the blood vessels supported. I'm on a lot of medication and have circulatory problems. Keeping my feet in the same position, like sitting at the computer, and forgetting to move around, causes problems, too, so it's not just the pressure of being upright.

         I guess I need to keep my resume out there, too. If the condition continues, even while doing everything else right, I might have to get something that allows me to prop my feet up occasionally.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859033-Job-On-Your-Feet