*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860054-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#860054 added September 14, 2015 at 7:43pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
This will be a short update today. It's not too bad to sit up here and type, but it does take some effort and will likely cause discomfort after too long of session.

I traveled to Sioux Falls early this morning with my wife, getting to the surgery center by six. I had a terrific team working on me, and everything went well. The troublesome gallbladder is out, and so is the lump of tissue that had developed over my hernia site.

Recovery was good, just the typical symptoms, tired, kind of nauseous, and very sore. The meds they gave took care of the nausea well, but I had to have a few doses of the pain medication before leaving the surgery center. Of course, besides removing the organ, he did a lot of probing around to make sure there wasn't any other problems; as much as he could tell from looking.

We left Sioux Falls around eleven, Rhonda drove, and I did my best to conceal how difficult the long ride home was. We made one stop, for a few groceries so I could eat something easy on my stomach, on the way home. Rhonda shopped quickly, I rode around beside her and did my best not to run anything or anyone over. It went well.

After getting home it was time for an ice pack and sleep. The dogs did pretty good, except for little Hannah, she really doesn't understand why she cant jump right up on me. Even so, she's doing good and not creating any problems. During my nap, she was right beside me, but down low by my legs instead of up by my torso. I think she's catching on.

Now, it's a quick update here, then some chicken soup and more pain meds. Hope to be doing good enough tomorrow to work on a story.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860054-Monday