*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860300-Food-Log-91715-and-Getting-Cranky
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#860300 added September 17, 2015 at 8:34pm
Restrictions: None
Food Log: 9/17/15 and Getting Cranky
Food Log: 9/17/16
- Coffee w/sugar-free creamer
- Peanut butter
- Half onion bagel with cheese and tomato
- Banana
- Clif bar
- Pecans
- ZonePerfect bar
- Popcorn*
- Pizza
- Apple cider

*Popcorn is an absolute no-no! It clearly meets the criteria of "serves absolutely no nutritional purpose whatsoever" and "you just keep eating and eating and eating" that I established as the definition of the "sweets" and "junk food" I abolished for life21 days. And this was salty, buttery, bar popcorn. I ate it on accident at the pizza place while waiting for our pizza. I just had a brain fart. As soon as I realized I'd been eating "junk" food, I stopped, horrified.

Then proceeded to argue with my family about why pizza isn't "junk" food.

My sister-in-law kept persisting. I got testy. Snappy, even. Finally, I explained it in terms she could understand. Background information: SIL is a smoker.

Me: "It doesn't meet my criteria."
SIL: "It's junk food."
Me: "Back off! It's not junk food, and I'm serious, and I'm about to get upset!"

Silence.

Me: "Look, I'm addicted to food and I haven't had sweets or junk in five days. Have you ever tried to quit smoking for five days?"
SIL: "Yep."
Me: "Were you cranky?"
SIL: "Yep."
Me: "And if someone tried to tell you on Day 5 that switching to your vapor thingy doesn't count as quitting, what would you tell them?"
SIL: "I'd tell them to shut the hell up and back off."

Exactly. *Laugh*

And for the record, I was wrong. This is Day 7, not Day 5. *Proud*

© Copyright 2015 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860300-Food-Log-91715-and-Getting-Cranky