*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860458-Extremeism-is-not-a-way-to-prosperity
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#860458 added September 19, 2015 at 4:36pm
Restrictions: None
Extremeism is not a way to prosperity
Write about a time where the end of something has led to the beginning of something else.



I was in the hall of the science building at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. I was walking to a classroom when another adult student approached me and announced that an airplane had crashed into a building in New York City. I said, “So, that is the thing for this year.” The other student was quite startled about what I said.

Then I walked into the room for my journalism class. A teachers aide entered the room and announced all classes were suspended for the day. Commuters were asked to leave the campus because the campus would be closing. We were asked to check with school contacts the following morning to find out if classes would resume the following day. So, I headed home.

At home I turned on the TV. Media played the films and stories of the terrorist attacks with constant updates of the tragedy.

Everyone was somewhere when the 911 news came across TV that day. 911 was the end of any belief in the USA, that we as a country were still able to remain in a normal place of peaceful growth.

It was the beginning of constant surveillance. Very quietly our country has been escalating in violence and uncertainty. Before 911 there was about one major incident against our citizens once a year. Many of the incidents were over seas against the military. Now, we have high alerts, at airports, churches, schools, major celebrations, always wondering, what will be the next target? Who will be the next terrorist?

There have been 60 terror attacks against the USA since 911. Most are attacks by extremists within our own country. No one is escaping. Attacks are against churches, Muslim citizens of the USA, Jewish citizens of the USA, community police, people in schools,government officials, movie theaters and marathons. It has been so random that it is hard to discern where the next extremist might strike.

Still, the country persists in regular daily living. We move forward with hope and an alert attitude as our chosen leaders of the country look for solutions to change the violence into stability.

What can we do? Be aware. Be alert. Call for help.

Stop the train to violence we want to get off! *RollEyes*





















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860458-Extremeism-is-not-a-way-to-prosperity