*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861125-Heading-somewhere
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#861125 added September 28, 2015 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Heading somewhere
I enjoyed the sermon immensely. The gist of it was that we are headed somewhere along with others and yet we are taking different paths to get to the same path. The pastor used the illustration of going to the zoo to bring his point across. He had trouble getting there and yet the bottom line was that he got there. His title for his sermon revolved around that concept. The scripture was from the last verses in Mark. The writer is sharing that there are people that seem to have knowledge of God without getting it in the same way that the disciples did. John blows the whistle on them. I look at diversity and I am glad that God can allow for differences in timing and approach. I left the discussion considering how we might be better speaking with conviction about Christ's love and how it meets our needs, trusting that our expression might lead others to change through the same love we are coming to know. As I thought about it, there are so many pet peeves that we bring to the church table. Jesus offers a banquet and I trust that in God's time we will enjoy the food that God has for us together. *Cool*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861125-Heading-somewhere