*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861254-September-29
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#861254 added September 29, 2015 at 12:00pm
Restrictions: None
September 29
I can't belive  it's the end of September already. So much has happened in the last month.  I'm working two part time jobs and on my feet 80% of the day. Its taking a toll on my knee. The pain is hard to bare at times but we women have to suck it up and keep going.

I had a pleasent surprise. I stopped in at my husband's Dr office and I took a turn weighing. I have been noticing a movement downwards in the numbers, but not because I been on any diet. Working as limited the munching I have a penchant for.  I stepped on the scale thinking is was probably about 3-5 pounds over my digital scale. My eyes widened when the numbers stopped. It was 6 pounds less!!! I looked at the nurse and said, "Is this for real?" She frowned and nodded.
I gave a fist pump and said, "I lost 6 pound since I weighed this morning."
"That's the first time I've seen some one get off the scale with a smile and a fist pump."
Well, I've at least been a little happier. I pulled some clothes from the back of my closet and Voila! they fit a whole lot better than then did 10 -15 pounds ago. I just never realized I was really losing weight.

I've been pre-prepareing for the NANOWRIMO. I'm still debating wether I will be able to make the time to write. with two jobs some days it means I work from 10-9:30. I'm not a morning person, but I will try to adjust my time to less TV and more Writing. There are days I just want to flop on the chair and shut the brain down from selling oils and vinegars or clothes.

Last night I was part of a Successful NaNo panel. We talked about our journey's and what we did to keep going. I found the other panelists to be an interesting group. What I also found out was many don't write a novel or even a story. They write a Thesis, blogs or even just write a number of short stories.

I realise the NaNo means different things to different people. I still have a bit more respect for those who put the work into writing a full story or novel in the 30 days. Writing something different isn't anything more than doing something each day to get into the writing habit.  I guess that's a good excuse. I just don't think having a little halo on your picture just because you hammered out a bunch of words  has any meaning. I have to back up there I guess. I thought everyone was writing a novel so I had great respect for those who had 50k or 150k by mid month. Now I just ignore them. They could be just throwing down words so they look good on the chart.

I will do what I told those in attendance. "No matter what you write, don't look at the postings. You are writing for you. You are learning more about time management and putting words on paper (on your computer) and that's all that matters in the end. Do it for you. My biggest suggestion is kick your ego to the curb.


© Copyright 2015 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861254-September-29