*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861315-Clever-Procrastination
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#861315 added September 30, 2015 at 9:20am
Restrictions: None
Clever Procrastination
I create these giant projects for myself - you know, like Prep and NaNo - to avoid "real" work (which, for me, is essentially other giant projects of which I've grown tired.) I shouldn't NaNo, or Prep, or I Write, or perhaps even run the Prep, but I shall, because "sorry, I can't attend that staff meeting because I have to write" just sounds like such a fabulously legit excuse. Who's gonna argue with that? "I have to go binge watch Supernatural" or "I have to spend about twelve hours checking out the new Halo game" make people roll their eyes, but "I have to write" makes people gape in awe.

At least, I think that's awe in their eyes. ?

Food Log: 9/29/15
Krispy Kreme donuts. Two of them.

I ate other food, but it all pales in comparison. I have an excuse, though: I had a day:

*Bullet* Generally busy day already with back-to-back appointments

*Bullet* Two employee resignations
----- both mostly welcome but I still have to find time to replace them
----- one gave zero notice due to "powerful connections" he needs to pursue immediately
----- "powerful connections" offered to sit down and give my advice about running my business

*Bullet* Two barely-operational toilets in Gahanna

*Bullet* I yelled at my MIL because she was yelling at my husband to "do something" about the fact that it was raining outside and my cats were getting wet in their gazebo

*Bullet* I felt sick from overeating.

About the cats: They've been outdoor cats since about 2003. They each have their own dog house, which in the past has been outfitted with a heating pad, piles of blankets, and insulation (just layers of fabric) applied to the interior ceiling. Since my husband, mother-in-law, and I moved into a house together, they now have their very own gazebo, furnished with a comfy wicker patio set that looks like living room furniture: love seat, two armchairs, and a coffee table. PLUS the dog houses. And MIL nags, nags, nags, nags every damn day that the roof in the gazebo leaks, it's wet in there, and Keith needs to fix the roof so those poor (outdoor, remember) cats can stay dry!! When she complains about it in front of me, she's cautious and mostly polite, but when she doesn't know I'm there (so I discovered yesterday from the privacy of the foyer powder room), she literally yells at him and will not back down. I was so pissed. They're not even her cats. And she just doesn't have anything better to do. So I flushed (ahem, I'm in here, MIL!), stepped out of the restroom, and unloaded my day on her. Not literally - good heavens, we don't tell her things because, remember, she has nothing better to do, so every little thing becomes the biggest drama. I didn't tell her about my day. I just shot her down about the stupid cat situation, venting all of my built-up frustration in this one dialog. I probably hurt her feelings.

Go, me.

So, yeah. That was my day yesterday, and I ate two Krispy Kreme donuts. I felt better after the donuts. The overeating happened at dinner, when my unemployed and very sweet husband made us salads with wayyyy too much grilled chicken and egg, and I ate the whole thing (after my 2-donut afternoon snack.)

It was an uncomfortable night... we both had too much egg on our salads.

But on the bright side:

*LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr*

PREP STARTS AT MIDNIGHT!

*LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr**LeafR**LeafO**LeafY**Leafbr*

© Copyright 2015 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861315-Clever-Procrastination