*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861591
by Twiga
Rated: 13+ · Book · Animal · #2059782
A Fantastical Account of the creation of World Animal Day
#861591 added October 3, 2015 at 5:19am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3
(Author's Note Before we begin I want to note two things, yes there are some Batman Villains in this chapter, and the first World Animal Day was in 1931 long before Homosexuality became OK in the public's eye so yes Jonathan Crane's comments are not 'PC' but he is probobly being fair considering the time this is taking place)

On the upper decks of the bad ship Cthulhu Eugene was enjoying a delightful buffet with his fellow mad scientists.Thoughts of his beloved creation were temporarily pushed aside as helped himself to yet another pile of deep fried Brussels sprouts.

"Ah!" Came a voice "Eugene Winthrop! I haven't seen you since you were a Freshman! Have you still got that triskaidekaphobia?"

"I've gotten over it, Thanks Professor." Eugene said darkly, it was Jonathan Crane, his old psychology professor and part of the reason Eugene hated shrinks to this day.

"This storm should power our ship to Italy by tomorrow." Jonathan remarked "This ship is truly a marvel!"

"Yes." Said Eugene "And now I need to get some more punch."

"Hold on." Jonathan said "Could you at least share what you plan on contributing to this year's convention?"

"The Moreau Contest!" Shouted Eugene Jonathan blinked a few times with a blank expression on his face, it was a genuine surprise for Eugene to see the Old Creep genuinely shocked

"You're kidding." Jonathan said "You're kidding right?"

Eugene shook his head.

Jonathan rubbed his forehead

"Eugene..." He sighed "I know I've been a bit cruel to you in the past but for once I'm being sincere, Don't you know the Moreau Contest is for a bunch of beastilizers who create dolls out of Animals so they can sleep with them?"

"Absurd!" Yelled Eugene "Why would a male scientist create a male creature?"

"Because Eugene." Said Jonathan as he reached for the Broccoli-Rabe "Some people actually prefer the same sex and what better means to express their forbidden love then having a sex slave who can never leave you because he can't enter polite society without being shot? Really Eugene, what is this contest even supposed to accomplish? Turning beasts and birds and fish into creatures that vaguely resemble Humans?"

"To master evolution!" Eugene replied "To show that we are the Lords of Creation and Masters of our own Fate!"

Jonathan laughed harshly "You really believe that?" He asked "Spectacle, Eugene that's all the Moreau contest is, is spectacle all it ever will be is spectacle" The older man took the deep breath "I'm going to discuss true science with my colleagues Jervis Tetch and Edward Nygma I hope you'll make a genuine contribution to our community, not indulge your inner toddler with vivisection arts and crafts."

Eugene got some more punch that conversation left him thirsty, the punch re-hydrated him but did nothing to sweeted the sour that was in his soul.

Meanwhile the Creatures Elinor and Chad were getting to know each other better.

"Dad adopted me from a roadside zoo what I was a small cub." Chad said
That's when he started building me into what I am now. Three days ago he met this young women, she had yellow hair and blue eyes and she took an instant dislike to me as soon as she saw me! She claimed she was allergic to fur and feathers but I think she just really hates animals. Dad however believed her and locked me in the basement every time she came to visit which was often." Chad sighed "I really don't want him to marry her, but it looks like it's dead set to happen and what can I do? Kill the man who saved my life? The other creatures meanwhile were starting to get competitive, boasting about how they were the most human-like and the most creative.

"None of you can hold a candle to me!" Boasted Adonis a Lion-Man his golden man, his slit pupils and his retractable claws were the only signs of his non-human origins, besides that he looked completely human albeit a bit on the large side but not that much bigger then your average basketball player

"Look at me!" Adonis said as he licked his own bicep "I look more human then the lot of you put together! If they don't give me the blue ribbon then this contest is rigged!" It was then one Creature burst into tears everyone turned to see who it was, Pollyanna the Hippo! She was fairly well crafted with Human-Like breasts and limbs but her head was still very much a Hippo head with enormous jaws with sharp fangs, eyes and ears on the top of the head and a short stubby tail.

"If I don't win the contest..." Pollyanna sobbed "...Master will kill me!" The Hippo blew her nose "Master said 'Pollyanna either you you win or you die!"

"Die?" Asked one Young Creature who was derived from River Otter "What does 'Die' mean?"

"It means the end of life." Said Chad "To stop moving, eating, breathing or even thinking! To die means to turn off like a radio and never turn on again!"

Chad turned to Pollyanna "Don't worry." The Tiger said to the Hippo "Even if you don't win we'll make sure you won't die!"

"We will?" Adonis asked confused "I will at least." Said Chad "If you don't win we'll run away! I was thinking of doing that myself!"

Elinor watched all this happening and was frozen with thought, if she didn't win would she die? Should she run away with Chad and Pollyanna if she didn't win? She felt very cold..."

© Copyright 2015 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861591