*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861765-52IFBC-Should-Have-Been
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#861765 added October 4, 2015 at 7:51pm
Restrictions: None
52IFBC: Should Have Been
** Image ID #2055534 Unavailable **

This should have been their time. When he closed his eyes, she was with him, snuggling up next to him. He could see the moon glow falling softly on her soft dark curls. With the soft sent of Jasmine on the air, all the memories surged up and he could no longer hold back the tears that traced crooked paths down his cheeks. Usually the deep inhaling would ease the ache constricting his chest. Usually.
This should have been their spot. The water lapping up next to the boat as the fish would perform aquatic acrobatics to get the mosquitoes that were skimming the surface of the lake. The water provided some protection from the tracers, and the secret police. They probably would have been safe here. Probably.
This should have been wonderful. Away from the world leader who used his melodic voice to bring an end to the freedoms he grew up with. In the quietness of this spot, he could almost forget the Government round ups and fake trials for non-existent crimes. Almost.
This should not be his reality. He in hiding and she on the moon colony in forced labor. He wondered why he continued to elude detection, a trial, an imprisonment for no wrongdoing. He wondered who is benefactor could possibly be. That was a lie. In his core, he knew. In his core, he knew they were waiting on shore to take him in custody. The chip implanted near his brain stem did not lie. The chip allowed him these brief periods of serenity. Maybe it would allow him to again avoid those brainwashed goose steppers. Maybe.



© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861765-52IFBC-Should-Have-Been