*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861899-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#861899 added October 5, 2015 at 9:07pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
It's been a few days again, so I better get something written in here. The weekend flew by fast, even though Rhonda had to work a half a day on Saturday. Usually, it's when we are doing things together that the clock speeds up, but Saturday was a busy day and it had the hands on the clock moving with a blur.

Okay, maybe not that fast, but it sure seems like it. I didn't get up real early on Saturday, since Rhonda wasn't home; she had left the house a little after four. But I was up before eight and enjoyed a peaceful morning with the dogs. I had a couple cups of coffee and sent a text off to Rhonda, gave the dogs some attention and took them out, then got to work on my story for the 52 week challenge. I had most of the research done and characters set, I just needed to write.

I didn't get much done before Rhonda got home, but it was a start. She was tired, after getting up at three, so she napped and I wrote some more. I was surprised that she didn't sleep later than she did, but it was nice to have her moving around the house. So I took a break and talked with her over a cup of coffee then got back into the story. I finished it up, although there is more to write. I left the ending a real cliff hanger, so I can return one day and write another story for the ending.

I have been trying to keep my stories for the challenge short, but with many areas to go back in and add details and dialogue, so that they may one day become a full sized story, maybe even a novel. It's like they are complete stories, yet at the same time they are processed ideas that I can return to and write even more.

Sunday we slept in. Rhonda had the day off, and even though she could have slept away the whole morning, she was up around six. I, in turn, woke around seven and we enjoyed some coffee and talked. We kind of made plans for the day, knowing our daughter and her children would be coming over to visit around four in the afternoon. Rhonda wanted to do some house work and laundry, I was thinking of working outside on the lawn. But, the plans changed and we had company coming over around noon.

So, I helped Rhonda get things ready for our grandchildren, since our home is not child-proofed in any way. Then it was a nice visit, and by mid afternoon they headed out. It had rained off and on, starting about one, so mowing was out. Instead we just made it a quiet and relaxing afternoon and evening. We were up late, getting to bed about midnight, but we were having fun.

Today I got the grass mowed while Rhonda got caught up on some paperwork, then she joined me and helped finish it up. After, we talked about a possibility of having some grandchildren stay with us for a prolong period, then took a shower and made dinner. Now, I'm here writing this and Rhonda is doing up the dishes. I should finish and give her a hand so we can relax and watch a movie before bed.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861899-Monday