*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862656-Shootings-in-the-news-and-senses
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#862656 added October 12, 2015 at 9:41am
Restrictions: None
Shootings in the news and senses
For October 11,2015 News!

There were two new school shootings in our local news this weekend. I am reading a book called "Every Fifteen Minutes" by Lisa Scottoline. Copyright 2015. It is fiction. Even fiction can bring up good points. The main character is a Psychiatrist. in the story he talks about the school shootings being done by people who are pushed over the edge. I remember how outraged I felt when I heard on the news that the shooter was being met every morning by a group of people praying for him as he arrived at school and I wondered if he had been pushed over the edge. What do you think about the subject of social stress and being pushed over the edge as a shooting cause?

Manx Cat from Japan





October 12

Prompt: Children are often scolded "You see with your eyes, not with your hands!" Why do you think it's important that we see with more than just our eyes? Shame on who said it--it is not true.

We have 5 senses. Touch, smell, hearing, taste, eyes, They are the contacts to our brain. From, the moment they form and become activated we take in information. Even when babies sleep they are bombarded with information from their senses. So, wise parents try to control the places in which they sleep, making it quiet, away from household noise, and control lights as well.

If you can train yourself to understand from where the information impacted, you are on a roll to understanding how to make better decisions, as you surf life's waves.


















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862656-Shootings-in-the-news-and-senses