*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863406-Dreams-Of-The-River
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#863406 added October 19, 2015 at 3:36pm
Restrictions: None
Dreams Of The River
Blog City:  My non-writing time serves my writing by giving me a life, dreams, and imagination to write about.


BCOF:

River Stories

Caleb walked down the dusty county road, all of his belongings tied up in the bundle on his back.  The road was much different from the road in his memory.  Now it was a sad road, a cold road of ruts and dying weeds.  If he squinted he could just make out the the same Rail Road Crossing sign - it was still there - and maybe the path to the right.  When he got there he took the overgrown path down to the river.  He continued down the river to the falls, then climbed down to the beautiful pool beneath the tumbling river waters - his spot.  It was little changed from when he was a boy, back when his Gran told him to be careful of the rocks, back when she couldn't get him away from his spot for days at a time.  He set up his meager camp right where his old one use to be, so many years ago.  He soaked his old feet in The River's waters and felt the delicious, cold numbness soak into his toes.  He remembered when he was a boy.

© Copyright 2015 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863406-Dreams-Of-The-River