*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863895-Please-buy-my-product
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#863895 added October 23, 2015 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
Please buy my product?
Day Five:

We're coming to a short end now. Since it's Funny Friday, it must be fish or pasta. Close, but no bananas. It seems someone made off with them. However, there is a sale on banana daiquiris at The Blogging Banana Bar .

Let's hear your opinion of one of the funniest things we have to put up with in life: advertising! Is it worth it? Can you believe it? Does it even matter any more because we are flooded with it? Can you even recall the product from an ad that you liked? How do you advertise yourself and your writing? *Smirk*


Group signature.







1. I don't advertise myself or my writing. I did, after I graduated from College, show my writing and photography portfolio in my resume' but I have not done that for a long time.

2. I was in the Panama Canal zone for awhile in 1963. The radio advertising was completely different than anything you would see or hear in the USA. At that time, an announcer would come onto the radio station after a song or program and say, "Buy Heinz Ketchup, it's good" interestingly it was in English not Spanish. All product advertisement was simple and similar.

Sometimes I think the advertisement on TV now is a write off, because they advertise cars that are so far from my pocket book I wonder how many people are actually able to buy one. For what a new car costs you good buy a house and ride you bike to the store. *CarB*

They also advertise a lot of drugs, that you are expected to go ask your Doctor to prescribe. Most of the side effects are so desperate you might be better off fighting the disease off with toothpaste, which is not suppose to be swallowed because it can kill you. *Laugh* So, at tax time they are probably writing off those dollars as a loss.

The big thing right now is female Viagra. I'm not even going to go there. *Pthb*

On the other hand I took a class in TV electronics in which we designed and produced our own advertisements. It was interesting to set up the camera shots and arrange the settings. Don't forget the Superbowl commercials some of them are cute and fun to watch.

Manx Cat from Japan

















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863895-Please-buy-my-product