*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864322-Plot-Background-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bernie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2059739
The daily assignments for PrepMo 2015
#864322 added October 27, 2015 at 9:53pm
Restrictions: None
Plot Background Story
The library was a nice break from the blistering wind and ice daggers outside. Francis, Thomas, Daniel, and Arthur were at a table in the far back corner; their usual spot for getting together and studying or discussing. It was Sunday, their usual day of relaxation from their intense studying. Today appeared to be a day of discussing.

“Before we get down to business, I wanted to show you guys this. I found it while looking through the old texts for something I needed for a paper I’m writing. I think it’s one of the oldest books this campus has.” He set the old book down on the table and the four boys just stared at it.

“What is it, Art?” Thomas asked.

“This book is about a cult called the Dobagi.”

Francis leaned back in his chair. “The Dobagi huh? Where were they from?”

“Northern Ireland. It’s pretty informative on them from the little bit I scanned on it, but I also spotted something in there I thought you guys might…find interesting.”

Art pulled back a chair and sat down. He took the book in his hand and ran his thumb over the cover. The cover was leather, with “THE DOBAGI” engraved on the front. “This book was published in 1476. This book is 382 years old. Have any of you seen a book so old and yet…so well kept together?”

They were quiet and Art opened the book. His soft deep voice began to read:

“The Dobagi were a cult that lasted for centuries and even to this day, no one is quite sure what has happened to them, whether they disbanded or went deep underground. What we do know, which might seem vast, is only very little compared to the extensive knowledge the group seems to have.

“The Dobagi was started by a man named Colm Ó Faoláin in 1148, as that seems to be the first time the group is seen out in public. By 1159, Colm had nearly twenty followers and they would meet outside of town in what barely passed for a shack. They would be seen as harmless for over a hundred years until there would be gossip talking of magic and devil worship.”

Daniel had been quiet the entire time and looked at the others before speaking, choosing his words wisely. “I take it there was some truth to this magic. That’s why we’re here aren’t we?”

Again, quiet came around the table.

© Copyright 2015 Bernie (UN: msbiggs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bernie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864322-Plot-Background-Story