*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864594-Caregiving-A-family-affair
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#864594 added October 30, 2015 at 3:28pm
Restrictions: None
Caregiving: A family affair
The best way I know to stay connected to family back East is commit myself to caregiving. It is something that seems natural. My grandmother did it when she first came over from Sweden and many people on my mother's side were ministers and nurses. I have learned my limits over the years. I had a dream to become a chaplain after seminary and years of combatting mental illness. It worked for a while until the stress of taking care of sick and dying people became too draining. I took my work home with me. I got tired of too many people wanting to know about my wounded self so that they could help me be more compassionate.

I worked as a pastor until my divorce. I spent countless hours studying the bible and reading everything I got my hands on. I was committed to knowing as much as I could so that I could do an excellent job. My divorce left me wounded and bleeding. I was frustrated at all the persons who called themselves ministers seeming so distant after my fall from grace. I decided I wanted to live out the bible rather than use it to prove a point or argue I know more than another person.

I look forward to caregiving duties every week. I do not feel bound at all. I know that it is only a temporary arrangement. My main job is a security guard mobile. I spend my favorite times meeting with strangers about whatever needs care, even if that means I am just a companion for a time or as one person states who is very disabled and a red neck," you have to be willing to wash my balls." I get stressed and then I recall the many who cared about me and celebrate it is always worth it, knowing care for another means one learns how to care for self.
: *Cool*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864594-Caregiving-A-family-affair