*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865383-getting-old
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#865383 added November 7, 2015 at 2:23pm
Restrictions: None
getting old
I have been real tired of late. My right calf feels like it is on fire. I guess I need to slow down. I continue to enjoy caregiving. It gives me a reason to be alive. I took care of a heavy set man today. He is over 400 pounds and about 80, but you would hardly know it. He always finds something to say about life in a positive way. He watches his westerns, takes his naps, eats and sleeps. He is an inspiration in his own way. I continue to pick my way through life's journey. I am cynical about my faith and Christians in general. Who knew that could happen to me? Someone at my work was tooting his horn about preaching to several hundred people and it hurt to be reminded I was doing nothing in comparison. What does it mean to be a Christian anyway? I alluded to my caregiving passion and he said that was easy to do. I pray for patience. I hope my only calling from God is to a semblance if sanity. After all it has almost been forty years since mental illness nearly swallowed me whole. God saw something better for me. I hope I am responding in a thankful manner. Bye for now *Rant*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865383-getting-old