*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865993-Goals-and-Affirmations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#865993 added November 12, 2015 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
Goals and Affirmations
Blog City
Day 616 November 12, 2015
Prompt: Were all victims of what life deals out. It's how we handle it, that's important. Nora Roberts Do you agree?


I think its easy to fall victims to circumstances, especially when things tend to happen all at once. Sometimes it really does seem like bad things happen rapid-fire, instead of being spaced neatly and with frequent breaks in between so that we could better deal. Life, as they say, doesn't happen like we expect it to very often. I believe we are defined less by what happens to us, and more by how we deal with those things. For me, I went through some very difficult things and I could have easily given up on hope and faith and love as a result. I chose to still believe that there was something out there for me, that I was worthy of happiness and deserving of love. I chose to not lose faith. I chose to believe in hope and redemption. I was rewarded for those choices, and I have a beautiful, amazing little girl as proof positive. I have unfortunately, seen examples of things going the other way for others. I have lost people from the choices they made in the wake of events in their lives.


Blogging Circle of Friends
Day 1093 November 12, 2015
Prompt: What is your goal for the week? If you don't have one, make one now.


My goal is quite poignant this week. I will not succumb to my feelings of failure and frustration. I will not give in to the rising tide of things that overwhelm me. I will try to get through the week without saying, "I give up" or "I just can't" - things that I have felt like screaming so often the last few weeks. Simple but so important and I struggle with the elements around me at work and in my personal life.


a new signature to celebrate publication
** Image ID #1774840 Unavailable **
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865993-Goals-and-Affirmations