*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866577-Mornings-with-Family
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#866577 added November 20, 2015 at 8:34am
Restrictions: None
Mornings with Family
Blogging Circle of Friends
DAY 1101 November 20, 2015
Prompt: When you were a child, what was your favorite thing to do with your grandparents? Olyvia says I read the best bedtime stories ever. Did you grandparents do something that was just perfect to you?


My grandparents used to come over every Christmas morning each and every year. I remember those idyllic Christmas mornings best...my Mother always made fresh muffins and cinnamon rolls and the smell of the sweet pastries mingled with the scent of freshly brewed coffee filled the whole house. We would lounge around in our pajamas. My grandparents would come over and we would show them our presents. It was a nice tradition, one we all counted on and looked forward too almost as much as Christmas Eve. Sadly, a family tragedy ended the sweet tradition. We tried to pick it up again with my grandmother until my parent's divorce fractured the family. I can still remember those Christmas mornings though, they were very special to us. For the last several years I've adopted the same tradition...my sister joins us each Christmas for breakfast and the spread always included cinnamon buns. She gets right down on the floor with my daughter and her new toys and for a few hours, we just lounge around and be together.



Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
DAY 624 November 20, 2015
Tell me something about your family that brings a big smile to your face when you think about it. Like for example this evening, Olyvia said, "you came all the way to Vegas to see me, you must really love me."


Sunday mornings in my house have become some of my favorite life moments. With no work or school in the forecast, Sunday mornings are typically kicked off with an extended stay in bed with the dog and Jaden. There is cuddling and snuggling. There are always giggles. After a time, I always take my leave to go downstairs and make breakfast. There is a peace here in those moments for me...making the meals my husband and daughter love while listening to NPR. The dog usually ends up joining me, and dodging my moving feet and waiting for a bit of turkey sausage or a bite of egg. After breakfast during the cooler months, we make a fire, refill our coffee mugs and settle in for a while watching the news or one of Jaden's shows. Its only a few hours before the housework, home repairs and yard work start up so we take full advantage of that time together to just be unfiltered and relaxed.


a new signature to celebrate publication
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866577-Mornings-with-Family