*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866657
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#866657 added November 20, 2015 at 2:06pm
Restrictions: None
Grandparents
Prompt: What was your favorite thing to do with your grandparents when you were growing up?

Dad was in the Air Force and went to Viet Nam 3 times. When he wasn't in Viet Nam and stationed in different states, I spent all my summers with my grandparents who lived on a farm and Mom and I stayed with them when Dad was in Viet Nam. I lived with my grandparents more then I did my parents.

When I was ten, I loved riding on the old tractor with Grandpa. It was orange and a small tractor and I drove it when I was fifteen. Grandpa and I use to go for walks in the woods behind his house on the farm. Grandpa helped me with my homework for Math Class.

Grandma and I used to bake cakes together and make Mac and Cheese. I would help her and her Club ladies clean the building for the fair where they bought in crafts. I went to Church with Grandma. She had Grandpa and I go with her to see country music stars like: Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Dolly Partner, Loretta Lynn, Porter Wagner, Hank Williams, Jr, Marty Robbins, Buck Owens. Mac Davis, Junior Sample, Ralph Emery {a well known Nashville DJ who had his own show and a few others. Grandma would help me with my Girl Scout projects.

I will always have fond memories of my grandparents. I still love them and miss them.

** Image ID #2022702 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866657