*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866803-The-Fight-is-agaiinst-evil-not-Love
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#866803 added November 22, 2015 at 10:59am
Restrictions: None
The Fight is agaiinst evil not Love
Last week a church in Buffalo, NY unintentionally put a pro-homosexuality message on its outdoor sign . The sign read "Jesus had 2 dads, and he turned out just fine". The sign was the church pastor's idea, which he came up with after Googling "funny church signs"...and he claims his intention was to promote a message about fathers and stepdads, and not a pro-homosexuality message. While the Catholic Church looks down mightily on gay marriage, it has also had policies against divorce and remarriage of heterosexuals. What's the bigger sin: two people of the same sex loving each other and committing to a life together, or two people of the opposite sex breaking their vows in the eyes of the church?

You know me by now. *Laugh* A good Journalist would do a follow up in a few weeks about what happened to that pastors life because of this little incident?

Lets start here; Funk & Wagnall's Dictionary (International Edition): Sin= “A lack of conformity to, or a transgression,especially when deliberate, or a law precept or principle regarded as having Divine authority.” “ Sin in religious teaching is any lack of holiness, any defect of moral purity and truth, whether in heart or life, whether of commission or omission.” This is the short version of a column 4 inches long. It also gives synonyms: depravity, crime, evil, guilt, misdeed, offense and others. The list is 1 inch with about a 9 font.

Specific to the Blog: All sin is equal in the mind of the Almighty. Repentance is the solution. To repent is to turn away from the committed act make restitution and move on.

Is all homosexuality a sin. This is the 21st century. We know so much more about the physical, social, and psychology of human kind. So, do we deny the advancement of human learning as a gift from God. I suggest, from my own mind that we don’t educate properly or give out information as freely as we should.

Now I direct you to another word.

Dispensation: Unger’s Bible Dictionary :” A dispensation is an era of time during which man is tested in respect obedience to some definite revelation of God’s will. There are 7 (some only recognize 3 or 4) dispensations. The list is

1. Innocence, 2. Conscience, 3. Human Government, 4. Promise, 5. Law, 6. Grace, 7. The Kingdom

We are suppose to be in the period of Grace presently. This period began with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
This is not necessarily a condemnation of Judaism or of Muslims under the leadership of Muhammad, or gays, lesbians, etc.

( Please always read the entire chapter of a quoted scripture to gain background and extra relevant information, this is my own suggestion and a rule I use when scripture is involved.) Matthew 12: 32 “And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but who soever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in that which is to come.”

Finally this: From Unger’s Bible Dictionary; “ Lange expresses the convictions of some when he says: “We have here to understand fully conscious and stubborn hatred against God and that which is Divine as it exists in its highest development.” Science does not condemn the Spirit of God. Science draws us closer with every gain in knowledge to conscious understanding.

In this dispensation we are learning to accept ourselves and others as they appear to each of us. We as individuals, groups and countries are fighting against the evil, that rises up to overwhelm, the progress of the people of the One True Living God. Who are slowly winning the battle against crime, disease and poverty in what ever form it takes, because God is Love.

Manx Cat from Japan















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866803-The-Fight-is-agaiinst-evil-not-Love