*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867026-Wouldnt-you-Like-to-Ride-in-My-Beautiful-Balloon
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#867026 added November 25, 2015 at 9:09am
Restrictions: None
Wouldn't you Like to Ride in My Beautiful Balloon
You're at a party for your work. You don't know many people since you have only been there for a month. Are you the aggressor in trying to meet people, or do you draw people to you? Explain.




Red Dragon



I live near a small town actually near 3 small towns and a township. Only parties I go to I know everyone. The only scenario that might fit would be when I went to college at the age of 55. In any class there were only one (me) or sometimes 2 adult students.

Whatever we were doing most of the students treated me well. Some even looked out for me. Saving me parking spots on test days or helping me find buildings, classes or rooms. I handed out pencils on test days and gloves during snow storms from a catch I kept for emergencies.

A lot of young freshman or others are not prepared for winter in our area. Other adult students were also looking out for the ones who needed a helping hand. One mother kept cases of bottled water in the back of her station wagon to hand out to passing students. I was mom to some.

One of the jobs I was able to get after college was again working around young people. They always invited me to go to lunch with them and included me in the long line of cars that were commuting from Erie to Corry on late winter nights. Young people are not stupid they could see I was mentally a beginner at working outside of my home and in college.

One night in a particularly vicious storm the lead car went off the road deep into a field of snow. Several cars dropped out of the line to help the driver of the car. People in this part of the country are not often mean spirited. This can be a harsh country. Farmers raising families are under paid and overworked. Local factories take advantage by paying as low a wage as they can get away with. Jobs in retailing are usually part time and low paying. But, the people deal with it all and continue to be countable in helping each other.

You do find groups sisterhoods and brotherhoods that freeze others out but that isn't the local norm.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. gobble, gobble,gobble *BalloonG*

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867026-Wouldnt-you-Like-to-Ride-in-My-Beautiful-Balloon