*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867036-New-Release
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#867036 added November 25, 2015 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
New Release
Time keeps on flying and the mayhem keeps escalating, predictably getting worse every year. As well as my inbox being bombarded by offers, the radio and television adverts seem to be focussing on one thing this week. Black Friday. Now, correct me if I’m wrong but I was always led to believe that was an event on the other side of the pond following the American tradition of Thanksgiving. We do not celebrate Thanksgiving in England, but boy do retailers and companies cotton on to profit making opportunities by making out we too have a Black Friday which happens to be all the week preceding it and probably several after. Bah Humbug indeed.

It’s rare that something Humbug connected makes me laugh or even smile, but this week I was highly amused to discover the release of the Christmas movie on December first entitled ‘Christmas with the Coopers.’ Now why didn’t I think of that first? I know it’s a fairly common surname, but I reckon my version would certainly make for entertaining viewing. I’m not sure whether it would be classed as a comedy, tragedy or horror movie however.

There are differences and similarities in the featured Cooper family’s Christmas and ours. It appears their family don’t see too much of each other and have to make an effort to be together at Christmas, whereas ours visit regularly making Christmas just an extended period of mayhem. The grandkids and chaos in the film I can relate to however.

I reckon our version of Christmas with the Coopers would probably be a far more dramatic, frenzied and potentially hilarious movie, but I’m not sure anyone would believe it. The cast would certainly be very mixed and quite unique. Maybe I should start filming an alternative version ready for next year should we manage to survive this one. This time next year I could be a millionaire.





© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867036-New-Release