*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868405-Family
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#868405 added December 12, 2015 at 10:05am
Restrictions: None
Family
I just heard from a church I pastored and it was like talking to family. It was my first pastorate and what I remember most were the people . Sharon Handlin was the person who called me all the way from Eldred Illinois. She was at one time the procurator of a small store. Eldred, itself is a farming town of 300 people with one church. The attendance of the church runs about 100 every Sunday. Soon they will celebrate their 125th anniversary. That is quite a feat in this day and age of win or lose. There seem to be more splits than reconnections. Eldred is an example of how staying together matters. In the beginning of my Pastorate 30 years ago there was almost a split because one pastor decided that you needed to speak in tongues to know what it meant to be a Christian. This did not go well with the Baptists in attendance. One person blew the whistle on the show. She had been in church and was more concerned with the fruits of the Spirit than someone touting there was something more important than speaking in tongues. The church has hung together with the same names that were there so long ago. I celebrate family in the person of this church, a place that learned and shared what it meant to stay together through thick and thin. *BigSmile*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868405-Family