*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868592-Acquired-Skills-and-Holiday-Etiquette
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#868592 added December 15, 2015 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
Acquired Skills and Holiday Etiquette
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
DAY 648 December 15, 2015
Prompt: Do you prescribe to the idea that everything imaginable is a skill that can be learned or do you think there are exceptions to that rule?


I would never dispute the notion that we can learn to do anything and likely can, with determination and commitment. I do however believe some things come more naturally to some people and that certain people may be better suited to learn a skill than others. For example, I work in sales. Its a high yield, low volume luxury sales industry. I started in sales but realized I was better suited to manage our companies sales resources rather than be out in the field making deals. I have supported a lot of different sales people over the years. I have seen those I would say have the natural ability and others who do not. I can train them on rules of the road, contracts, negotiations but I can't make them great sales professionals - the kind that inspire confidence and trust, the kind that build relationships over years...that has to come from within. They have to posses an infinity for it. I think that is true across many industries. As humans our capacity for knowledge and our ability to self-teach is remarkable but that doesn't mean we all have the destiny to become masters of our crafts.


Blogging Circle of Friends
DAY 1126 December 15, 2015
You have the opportunity to write an etiquette primer for everyone dealing with the holidays or another celebration. What does it say?


This prompt was very easy for me. My etiquette primer for the holidays, and any mixed gathering or celebration, is simple. NO POLITICS. I feel so bombarded by the political jargon and agendas on social media that I need to disconnect. The political divide has taken its toll on my own extended family already, so when we come together this year we need to focus on family first and leave our political leanings at the door.

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868592-Acquired-Skills-and-Holiday-Etiquette