*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868598-Light-for-Life
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#868598 added December 15, 2015 at 10:37am
Restrictions: None
Light for Life

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Last Chapter (I think) for Brother Nature’s Muse Blogs in December.

Judith and the muse: *Hug* *Paw*

When I crawled out of my snug sleep habitat and looked out of the window I was dismayed at the extreme dark. The black clock numbers read 7:15 a.m. Where did the light go I wondered. Then the muse nudged my brain. In 6 days it will be the 21st day of December. December Solstice will come to Erie, Pennsylvania on December 21, 2015, at 11:49 P.M.

I celebrate the Solstice day as well as the Birthday of the Christ. Because it is the shortest day of light, of the year. Every new day from the 21st will be slightly more light each day. It will be about 2 minutes and 8 seconds of more light each day. You can find the trigonometry facts, that have to do with the alignment of the earth’s axis and the place on the earth where you live on www.QuickandDirtyTips.com an article by Jason Marshall who is also on Facebook and Twitter. I celebrate light today because we need it to maintain mood and health. *Sun*

Thank the internet. In early years of 2000 I learned about the affects of light on people at this time of the year. In the Northern part of the USA, we sometimes equate our down mood with the holidays. Many times it is really a seasonal dysfunction brought on by lack of enough light waking up our brain functions. You can read all about the affects by going to www.mayoclinic.org and putting light therapy in the search box.

There are kinds of light gadgets you can acquire to help your mood at all kinds of prices of course. I cure mine by sitting under florescent light while I read in the winter. If I had known all this information years ago I would have saved a lot of days down because of mood. Light also has an affect on aging, jet lag, acne, and night time work schedules.

This is a great time of year to celebrate Light. Christmas Peace to all who seek it.*TreePine*

Red Dragon Merit Badge in Andres Banana Bar
[Click For More Info]

For much appreciation for your contribution to blogging in our 30DBC unofficial challenges, hosting, and for just hanging out at Andre's blogging banana bar, or waitressing/panda dancin, but mostly because you're awesome.

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868598-Light-for-Life