*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869018-Is-Fame-Always-Tragic
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#869018 added December 21, 2015 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
Is Fame Always Tragic?
Prompt: Sue Erikson Bloland the integrative psychotherapist said, “The pursuit of fame is basically a tragic pursuit.” Can it be that people pursue fame to use it as a successful defense against shame or feelings of inadequacy, even after realizing it could be tragic?

======================

Pursuing fame for fame itself can bring tragic results. I agree with that, especially when the person, in order to become famous, does wrong things or spends all his money and worldly goods for this quest. This type of undertaking is probably a defense for feelings of inadequacy, and if failure ensues, then it would be disastrous.

On the other hand, if a person is interested in an undertaking and gives it his all to it just because he feels a great love for it, believes in the outcome of his efforts, and as the result of his hard work becomes famous, I don’t see anything wrong with it or how that kind of fame can be avoided. It is true that with any kind of fame, a person’s privacy and other freedoms can become compromised. Still, if the quest to reach that fame is an important one, any person with an ideal would overlook that little bit of inconvenience.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869018-Is-Fame-Always-Tragic