*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869490-Doubts
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#869490 added December 29, 2015 at 4:48pm
Restrictions: None
Doubts
Prompt: What do you doubt the most?

=============================

I doubt mostly the certainty in people and possessions.

The things we own, people in our lives, the accolades, and even education we’ve amassed we cannot be certain will stick with us forever and ever. It is very easy to lose one’s wealth, possessions, loved ones, and the honor and fame that comes from other acquisitions. Even our education we can lose if we succumb to a brain disease.

Without disease or bad luck, however, some of those things may stay with us until our deaths.

I also doubt the words of people who excessively believe in their superiority and act condescendingly toward others because, I think, a hidden low opinion of themselves or their background is making them shoot off the mouth.

With the same token, I doubt the correctness of history, any history or a memoir--even though I love history and memoirs written without the help of a ghostwriter--since what is put down as history depends on who remembers what and who notes the events to which purpose.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869490-Doubts