*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869536-New-Years-Traditions
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#869536 added December 30, 2015 at 1:42pm
Restrictions: None
New Years Traditions
Owl with an attitude



I found some odd but true New Years Eve Traditions on www.oddee.com. There are quite a few on the website but here are a few of them.

Denmark people crash dishes against the doors of their friends. Building up a pile of broken dishes marks you as lucky with lots of loyal friends. They also jump off their furniture as the last minute of the old year bursts into the first minute of the New Year. They are leaping into the New Year.

In Italy people wear red to call on the protection of the Arch Angel Michael.

In Greece an innocent person with a kind hearted, amiable nature steps into the home with their right foot first. This makes things go right during the year.

The USA and Canada have groups of people that dive into freezing lake waters close to midnight. It is a Polar Plunge.

I think I know a few people that it would be fun to throw dishes at but it might not bring me good luck for the year. *BigSmile*

One more day this year. Time to take down my Christmas Tree. Some people around here think the weather will change as soon as 2016 hits. *Think* We will soon see.


© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869536-New-Years-Traditions