*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869651-Highs-and-Lows-and-Grateful-Heart
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#869651 added January 1, 2016 at 12:15pm
Restrictions: None
Highs and Lows and Grateful Heart
Prompt: Every year has it's highs and it's lows, what was the best and the worst of 2015?

---------------------

As every cloud has a silver lining, something good comes out of every bad thing. So the many lows of 2015 showed, at least, a few highs. Truth is, the joy of life lies in celebrating small moments of happiness rather than waiting for big ones to happen.

The highs in my opinion were:

Technology took further strides forward, making some gadgets much cheaper. Thank you for that, as I have now 3 tiny gadgets of 16 gbs each that play MP3s and are programmable, which I cherish, and moreover, each cost $20, only. Not to mention the cheap in price but good in value Kindle Fires. Yay!

There were a huge number of well-written books that I liked. Some of those won huge prizes. Also, yay that I still have the mind and eyes to read and understand… *Wink*

Despite everything, USA is still one of the more peaceful and fairer places to live in this rocking and growling earth.

I also think, where all kinds of relationships are concerned, some folks are maturing as well as the articles on the subject in popular media.


The Lows, which always teach us something: (Let me count--or not be able to count—the ways):

Terrorism of all kinds and their unfortunate results

Deaths and Sicknesses

Still having dictators in the world who always threaten world peace, which is almost non-existent anyway

The failure of healthcare-for-everyone in the USA

The failure of economy taking hits in the US and worldwide

The failure of accepting each other fully in this country and in the world

The purposely mis-knowing of facts and the failure of the acknowledgement of truths by the presidential candidates (all of them)


I only hope 2016 will be a better year and all our troubles will be solved.


Mixed flowers in a basket



Prompt: There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart. Do you agree with this statement?

Yes, I agree, except I’d prefer the eternal spring. Summer is too hot anywhere except in the Southern Hemisphere. Joking aside, I get what the prompt means. If one is grateful for what she or he has and also for the clean air, this beautiful earth, and for the humankind, that person is always content as what is there is enough to make him or her happy.
 ~

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869651-Highs-and-Lows-and-Grateful-Heart