*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869763-Women-Held-Hostage
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#869763 added January 2, 2016 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
Women Held Hostage
Prompt: Women being held hostage in literature. Why do men sing their praises on this one?

Men want to think they are in control and this was so true years ago in Medieval times and Jane Austen's time. Most Scottish novels, men held women hostage and I don't feel it was fair but once a man fell in love with her, his attitude changed and she was his equal and she was no longer held hostage. Women in literature were spit fires and not wimps. They stood up to men. It should be this way.

Women are running for President, part of the Senate and have proved they are equal. Celtic women were in charge years ago and of course Roman soldiers didn't like that but who likes Roman soldiers? Some men like my uncle think men should be controlling but he forgets how his wife didn't take his antics. She was a wonderful woman but she stood up to him and this is how it should be.

Back to the prompt. Men wanted to be in control. It didn't always work out that way and guess what, it still doesn't. Women are equal. We shouldn't be superior and men shouldn't either. Equal world. Equal partners.

** Image ID #2030604 Unavailable **
** Image ID #2059689 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869763-Women-Held-Hostage