*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869948-Chapter-7---The-Gift
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1949389
Love to publish someday. Scifi, aliens, fighting arena, edit and rewrite in progress.
#869948 added March 25, 2016 at 2:13am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 7 - The Gift
“I don't know what happened.” she said.  “What did I do?”

Gen sat cross legged and closed his mind of outside influence to meditate, leaving Auria unanswered.  She pushed both legs forward and touched toes against Gen's knee.  In one solitary blink, Gen exhaled into Auria's eyes with one hand around her neck, squeezing the life-blood from a helpless, beating heart.

“This is the key.” he grunted.  “Figure it out.”


As Gen's lips moved slower.  His words began to morph into distant tones and long-winded, little sounds of nothing.  She recognized what he'd tried to teach, seeing an opportunity to answer developing somewhere within its own maddening clarity.  Her eyes blinked, a long and powerful, meditative moment for her, yet a simple blink in real time.  Gen knew.

In a streak of silver hues, they began to exchange fists; striking on her part, Gen blocking.  Each hand coming his way, he calmly deflected - and so on.

“I see you.” he said.

“And, I can see as well.”

“You must not strike to stop an opponent.”

Auria threw three straight right-fists, trying to catch Gen off-guard.  He yawned, placing a hand against his mouth while slapping away a barrage of fists with the other.

“Then, what would you have me do?” she asked.

Gen's legs lunged forward, flinching her to pause, pushing a visible wave of air spiraling into pale, white clothing.  She felt the air pockets curl, grimaced as the rhythmic vibrations of cloth pulsated into a now-tightening chest.  Gen disappeared.  She rolled onto her back, seeing the bottom of two bare feet high above.  The dirty feet grew larger and larger until Auria saw only feet.  She noticed every single detail until the darkness struck.  She blacked out.

“Do as you like.” said Gen, hands crossed behind his back and exiting the room.  “You are learning much too quickly.  There is something I must know.”


Six servants stormed the room to pick up and carry the limp body by hands and feet.  A solitary, red stain adorned the white floor.  Another servant sped to smear the red stain with a white linen.

“Where am I?” she asked.  A blazing red-light whirred from every direction.  She rubbed a palm against aching temples.

“You will survive.” said a familiar, muffled voice.

“What are...  What happened?”

The red light ceased.  A crack opened slowly on the left letting in precious light and higher-pitched noises.

“We are healthy.” said a voice.

“When have I not been?”


A servant dressed in brown offered a hand, eyes down as always.  She reached to touch with dainty fingers, grabbing the hand and leaned forward from the familiar, glass casket.

“Master has gone too far.” said the clone, turning to scan the empty room.  “Do not be frightened.”

“What is wrong with him?”

“We do not... know.”

He glanced to the floor beneath her feet when she stepped from the glass casket.  White clothes lay neatly folded on a nearby table.  She quickly crossed arms over bare breasts and nodded to the clone, looking to the same point on the floor alongside his stare.  He turned to face the door.  She hesitated and pulled the white linens slowly over damp skin.

“Is he afraid?”

“Very much so.”

“Good.  I hope his stomach churns and he spits chunks every time he eats.  I want him to feel this kind of pain.”

“We feel the same, Master.”

“Are you talking to me?  Or him?” she asked.

The clone never spoke, yet held a hand pointing at the doorway.  Five clones stood outside, eyes lowered.

“What shall I be called today?” she asked.

“Master.” bowed the clones standing outside.

“Why?”

“Because you have mastered the gift of death.” said one.

“It is something, even we, have not obtained.” said another.

She chuckled, placed both hands on her hips and closed eyes to think.  Without realizing, each clone slowly looked to her, eyes wide and smiling.

“I am not the Master.  I am your equal, nothing more.”

“You are beauty,” said one.

“You are a goddess.” said another.

“Dammit.” said Gen from the balcony across the yard.  “Assemble... Everyone... Now!”

Men began to pour through doors.  Each building spilt its contents onto the yard and lines formed.  Auria walked casually through the rows of clones, heading directly beneath Master Gen.
© Copyright 2016 RodneyGray (UN: rodneygray at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RodneyGray has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869948-Chapter-7---The-Gift