*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869953-Chapter-11---Sora
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1949389
Love to publish someday. Scifi, aliens, fighting arena, edit and rewrite in progress.
#869953 added March 3, 2016 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 11 - Sora
Days passed.  Gen awoke to total darkness.  As sight came back to him, an eerie world of greenery materialized.  Gen didn't recognize the world at first, then he saw a large, tan object in the distance.

A beast flew overhead blotting out the sun.  Large wings ran the entire length of its body.  It gently sailed until large, white ships appeared, blocking its path.  The creature turned slightly to miss the ships, squawking in protest.  They touched down outside a tan building in the distance; a huge dome.  Tiny people began to appear around the ships and entered the dome.

Gen found himself floating through the entranceway to the dome.  He'd recognized the Arena for its most memorable attribute, its massive size.  Aliens of all races formed lines, all vying for places to view the events and place bets.  Then, he saw humans passing, each one wearing black uniforms.  He'd never before seen humans on Sora.  As he floated farther, he found himself entering the dome. 

Trees grew in every direction, some straight, some diagonal, some mystifying in persona.  Green, orange and yellow leaves almost blotted out the light as he continued deeper into the canopy, brushing forest leaves aside when he passed.

A clearing revealed a blot of sunlight.  A bright, golden object hovered in its center.  He knew the object and he knew its power.  The man-shaped, metal contraption soared ever higher, halted and let loose a streaming deluge of glowing orbs.  They flew outward at incredible speeds, but found no target – a waste of energy, he ensued.

Then, just as quickly, the forest dissolved.  Black upon black remained until minuscule, white spots came into view.  They hung from the darkness everywhere he looked.  Larger spots appeared, followed by a grand, yellow sphere, glowing so hot he couldn't make himself look upon it.

Spinning by twisting his torso, he realized the large, glowing orbs may have been planets; the brightest one, a sun.  A band of spheres came into sight, tiny little globes of white.  An even brighter light flashed on the planets when they passed, expanding rings erupting on the surface of those planets.  They soon became dark and featureless.

“Now.”
“Who's there?” asked Gen.
“You.”
“I know who I am.” replied Gen.
“Go.”
“Wait.  Who are you?  Where are you?”
“Home.”

Gen found himself beating against a solid panel with both fists.  The darkness soon gave way to voices, terrible bright-light and blurred faces in a blinking barrage of familiar pictures.  His own face greeted him, though younger.

“Master, welcome to Sora.” said a clone.
“Sora?  What the hell have you done?” screamed Gen.

He attempted to crawl from the glass coffin.  Two clones grabbed both arms, pulling him up and over the edge and continued to hold on tightly.  He shivered and buckled at the knees, leaning on each man as best he could.

“Where is Auria?”
“Your fighter is being scanned, per protocol.” said someone entering the room.

Gen twisted his head and grunted, trying to turn to see who spoke.  The men helped Gen take a couple of steps, yet he saw no-one there.  Then, the glass coffin smashed shut.  Something jumped on top and spun around in a confounding commotion of noise and color.

“Where in blazes have you been, my man?” said a short, long-armed, smiling, brown-haired creature.

Both feet and long-fingered hands touched the coffin where he stood.  He laughed loudly, hooted and howled and spun round again, revealing an enormous, bulging, red and blue buttocks.

“Did you miss me?” asked the creature.
“Why don't you wear clothing?  That's disgusting.” said Gen.
“I'm furry.  Don't need no clothes.  Besides, you can't tell me you don't like what you see.”  He spun round again, shaking his rear in Gen's face.
“Loof, you're a welcomed sight,” said Gen, “just, not like this.”
“Hold on,” said Loof, jumping to the floor and walking upright.  “Yes, tell the delegate they failed scanning and we expect payment soon.  They know...  Class 42 sentient planet or the fighter will be terminated...  Yes.  I'll be there in a minute to witness the termination...  On my way.”

Loof pulled on a silver object which unhooked magnetically from his chest belt.  He clicked the object and it grew into a long, silver cane, which he used to limp toward the exit.  Loof turned and frowned.

“Wager to stay execution on my behalf.” said Gen.
“Access denied.  This is not your fighter, nor your delegation's fighter.” said Loof, exiting the room.
“Wager outside local request.”
“Denied.” said Loof, rounding the corner.
“Dammit, Sot.” yelled Gen.  “Why do you have to be so damned two-faced?”
© Copyright 2016 RodneyGray (UN: rodneygray at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RodneyGray has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869953-Chapter-11---Sora