*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871213-January-19th-2016
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#871213 added January 19, 2016 at 11:15am
Restrictions: None
January 19th 2016
Blogging Circle of Friends
DAY 1161 January 19, 2016
If time and money wasn't an object, what would be your chosen form of exercise?


With the luxury of more time and money I would have one of those indoor pools built with an attached sauna. I think I could swim laps each and every day and not be tired of that type of exercise. There is something really fortifying about swimming repetitive laps in a isolated environment like that. I particularly like the visual of it being housed in a glass room/greenhouse type structure where I could exercise in perfectly temperate water even as heavy New England snow falls all around me.



Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
DAY 683 January 19, 2016
Prompt: Most of us have been to a convention, a networking event, a writers’ conference, or any other professional meeting. What are some of your ideas for making the most of these events not only for writers but for anyone in any profession?


I have been in the corporate world now for almost twenty years and have attended a fair share of training events, conventions and meetings. The rule of thumb for me is to actively participate. I think by joining the discussions and panels, by being an active attendee you stand to gain the most benefit. Kudos to the organizations who make these type of events engaging because I'd unfortunately attended some that were not. No one responses favorably to being "talked at" for hours. There is only so much information anyone can absorb in that kind of setting.

As far as writing-specific events, I recently attended a Book Expo here locally. Attendees could go to their choice of sessions that included at panel of authors in a specific genre. The end of each 45 min session included an open and extensive question and answer period. I think I learned more during that portion of the program than any other, mostly from the questions that my peers where asking.



© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871213-January-19th-2016