*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871608-I-believe-time-is-on-our-side
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#871608 added January 24, 2016 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
I believe time is on our side
The Sunday News!

Several media outlets have reported that 2015 was globally the warmest year in history. How does it make you feel when someone with limited scientific or meteorological knowledge tells you that climate change isn't real or shouldn't be a legitimate concern?


Wow! Wow! Wow! I went brain dead over this one. Even if global warming was not an issue taking care of the earth to leave it to new generations of human children without evil intent would be an issue.

There is ample evidence if people want to see it. Humans are in denial about a lot of things. If people won't read, you can't make them. Sometimes people are afraid of what they don't understand. It only means more financial difficulty. The town councils and managers have to find ways to get people involved so they have understanding and push back objections carefully.

It makes me feel bad that I have knowledge that people won't accept, if I do tell it. Other people make their own choices. Where I live, doctrines that are hundreds of years old raise their ugly heads within the public. If I have a chance I point at some book that was written to shine light on facts. I try to keep it away from being on a personal level. After all who am I, nobody. I have time to read things other younger people don't have time to read. I spend my time writing or catch a subject in the news and go online to research it. Sometimes I find an answer sometimes I don't. It is interesting, that people who don't agree will start terrible rumors about anyone they don't agree with. So, just keep bringing up facts that matter when the opportunity exists. And don't start unnecessary arguments that don't help understanding.

In one of my college bio-geography courses we argued about solar panels. People around her scoff at wind energy and solar panels. The teacher was the only one to back up my I'm for them arguments. I live in an A-frame house. Heavy snow is not an issue. Ice and water also not an issue. People refer to it as a pyramid or triangle. It is just a house. There are good things and bad things about living in an A-frame house. If you like walls without angles don't build one. There is a lot of wasted space because of angles but it is useful as dead air space when heating is installed.

Two years ago a community up near the lake began an argument in their town council about installing a wind farm. The pro people were voted down after a lengthy argument. According to the con's they are noisy, dangerous to wildlife and totally inefficient.

Back in 1962 I lived on a farm in North Dakota. The entire farm was run by electricity produced from a windmill. It was an older model than you see today. But, still very efficient. They had TV's, milking machines in the barn, refrigeration, lights and fixtures you use every day. I was living in an apartment there and I was impressed. Yet their footprint was less than ours where I now live.

In our county we have REC. People are afraid to use alternative power. Because they won't be participating in the REC. Or, REC will make their life miserable, etc. REC does not need to go away. It needs to encourage these people to get with the program. Rec does have programs now to encourage people to use Electricity to heat houses and a worthwhile water heater program. I think they will expand when they have funds to use for expansion. A lot of change and expansion problems are about the money involved even on an individual level.

Pennsylvania has made some head way in how it looks at supplies of electricity. Younger people will be taking over the companies and schools are teaching environmental realities. I have to believe the younger generation will be equipped mentally and educationally to change the economic problems, environmental problems etc.

I have relatives that literally blocked my educational endeavors as a young adult. If I had earned my college degree I would have been more of a influence for environment.




© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871608-I-believe-time-is-on-our-side