*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871613-Hypocrites
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#871613 added January 25, 2016 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
Hypocrites
When we look out at the stars at night we see the universe.

When we look into a microscope we see something quite different. I read somewhere that scientists using electron microscopes, have claimed to have seen molecules. That is a pretty high level of resolution and if they can see that perhaps one day we will see an atom.

Actually atoms look to me like solar systems. In the center is a nucleus surrounded by orbiting protons, neutrons and electrons. It occurred to me once maybe looking out into the sky or down into a microscope might be opposite ends of the same thread. Then what do I know?

David Hawkings talked about and some science suggests that dimensions exist beyond those that we can relate to like length, width and height. Somewhere I read that envisioning such a dimension is like visualizing a pipe that has its own world inside it. If something lived inside the pipe it would have a frame of reference of the cylinder that surrounds it and be unaware of the sun moon and stars, and perhaps know a great deal about things that exist on a smaller scale.

Can you imagine a world where chemistry is used to create things rather than the tools and materials we are so familiar with. For example if they wanted a container or vessel they would make it by getting strands of bacteria to form a framework covered by a living membrane.

How cool is that?

I had vivid dreams last night.

Sometimes when I get on my "High Horse" and complain about the way others behave I have dreams that remind me of how my own behavior has at time fallen short of what I wished it had been.

I hate these dreams because they portray me as a self righteous hypocrite. It is irritating to be reminded of some of the thoughtless things I've done. Even worse is to have my soapbox kicked out from underneath.

In these dreams I find myself being called to account, evidenced by my own past actions for riling on the actions and behaviors of others.


© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871613-Hypocrites