*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871659-Done
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#871659 added January 31, 2016 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
Done!
96,653

That's how many words I've written in my latest novel, over 70,000 of them in just over a month. It's by far the most I've written in the least amount of time.

But now I'm sad.

While there's always the initial elation when completing a book, afterward there's a sense of deflation. Not one of fatigue but of, "Now what?"

After all the time I spent writing, part of me wants -- and needs -- to continue in that groove, and quite honestly the desire to remain engrossed in the universe I created.

And I could continue if I wanted to. My book is actually a sequel, and already I have ideas for how the third book is to proceed.

But I must stop. If I am serious about publication, I need to polish the first book and send out queries to agents. This particular trilogy is mainstream science fiction, so I shouln't have any trouble finding a lot of agents who'll be interested.

Next on my agenda is to re-read "Self-Editing for Fiction Writers," because it helped me so much the first time. Having not read it in over five years, I definitely need a refresher. After that I will print out the first book and bleed all over it, and hopefully turn it into something publishable.

I will keep you apprised.

Right now my boy is taking a bubble bath, my hubby is on his way home from a pistol shooting match, and as soon as I am done here, I will pour myself a glass of wine and bask in the success of completing one more novel.

© Copyright 2016 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871659-Done